||Extruding and Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Determine setup procedures and select machine dies and parts, according to specifications.
- Select nozzles, spacers, and wire guides, according to diameters and lengths of rods.
||Heat Treating Equipment Setters, Operators, and Tenders, Metal and Plastic
- Determine flame temperatures, current frequencies, heating cycles, and induction heating coils needed, based on degree of hardness required and properties of stock to be treated.
- Determine types and temperatures of baths and quenching media needed to attain specified part hardness, toughness, and ductility, using heat-treating charts and knowledge of methods, equipment, and metals.
||Pressers, Textile, Garment, and Related Materials
- Select appropriate pressing machines, based on garment properties such as heat tolerance.
- Select, install, and adjust machine components, including pressing forms, rollers, and guides, using hoists and hand tools.
||Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Select, position, align, and bolt jigs, holding fixtures, guides, or stops onto machines, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Select torch tips, alloys, flux, coil, tubing, or wire, according to metal types or thicknesses, data charts, or records.
||Computer Numerically Controlled Tool Programmers
- Determine the sequence of machine operations, and select the proper cutting tools needed to machine workpieces into the desired shapes.