Related Occupations for Task
29-9099.01 - Midwives
Related occupations for task:
Perform annual gynecologic exams, including pap smears and breast exams.
- Draw blood from veins by vacuum tube, syringe, or butterfly venipuncture methods.
- Conduct standards tests, such as blood alcohol, blood culture, oral glucose tolerance, glucose screening, blood smears, or peak and trough drug levels tests.
- Collect specimens at specific time intervals for tests, such as those assessing therapeutic drug levels.
- Draw blood from capillaries by dermal puncture, such as heel or finger stick methods.
- Conduct hemoglobin tests to ensure donor iron levels are normal.
- Collect fluid or tissue samples, using appropriate collection procedures.
- Draw blood from arteries, using arterial collection techniques.
||Medical and Clinical Laboratory Technologists
- Collect and study blood samples to determine the number of cells, their morphology, or their blood group, blood type, or compatibility for transfusion purposes, using microscopic techniques.
- Harvest cell cultures at optimum time, based on knowledge of cell cycle differences and culture conditions.
- Obtain, cut, stain, and mount biological material on slides for microscopic study and diagnosis, following standard laboratory procedures.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
- Collect blood, tissue, or other laboratory specimens, log the specimens, and prepare them for testing.
- Perform routine laboratory tests and sample analyses.
||Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers
- Examine animals to detect behavioral changes or clinical symptoms that could indicate illness or injury.
- Perform routine laboratory tests or diagnostic tests, such as taking or developing x-rays.
- Collect laboratory specimens, such as blood, urine, or feces, for testing.
- Diagnose cardiovascular conditions using cardiac catheterization.
- Observe ultrasound display screen and listen to signals to record vascular information, such as blood pressure, limb volume changes, oxygen saturation, and cerebral circulation.
See more related occupations >>