Related occupations for task:
Counsel parents with child rearing problems, interviewing the child and family to determine whether further action is required.
||Educational, Guidance, School, and Vocational Counselors
- Identify cases of domestic abuse or other family problems and encourage students or parents to seek additional assistance from mental health professionals.
- Counsel individuals to help them understand and overcome personal, social, or behavioral problems affecting their educational or vocational situations.
- Conduct follow-up interviews with counselees to determine if their needs have been met.
- Interview clients to obtain information about employment history, educational background, and career goals, and to identify barriers to employment.
||Marriage and Family Therapists
- Counsel clients on concerns, such as unsatisfactory relationships, divorce and separation, child rearing, home management, or financial difficulties.
- Collect information about clients, using techniques such as testing, interviewing, discussion, or observation.
||Mental Health Counselors
- Collect information about clients through interviews, observation, or tests.
||Healthcare Social Workers
- Identify environmental impediments to client or patient progress through interviews and review of patient records.
||Substance Abuse and Behavioral Disorder Counselors
- Interview clients, review records, and confer with other professionals to evaluate individuals' mental and physical condition and to determine their suitability for participation in a specific program.
See all 9 related occupations >>