Related occupations for task:
Perform general office duties, such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
||Switchboard Operators, Including Answering Service
- Answer incoming calls, greeting callers, providing information, transferring calls or taking messages as necessary.
- Monitor emergency and code alarms, make emergency announcements, or route emergency calls to the appropriate location.
- Stamp messages with time and date and file them appropriately.
||Receptionists and Information Clerks
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
- File and maintain records.
- Answer telephones and assist customers with their questions.
- Sort and file deposit slips and checks.
- Listen to customer requests, referring to alphabetical or geographical directories to answer questions and provide telephone information.
- Operate telephone switchboards and systems to advance and complete connections, including those for local, long distance, pay telephone, mobile, person-to-person, and emergency calls.
||Executive Secretaries and Executive Administrative Assistants
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages.
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
See more related occupations >>