Related Occupations for Task
43-3061.00 - Procurement Clerks
Related occupations for task:
Locate suppliers, using sources such as catalogs and the internet, and interview them to gather information about products to be ordered.
||Purchasing Agents, Except Wholesale, Retail, and Farm Products
- Research and evaluate suppliers, based on price, quality, selection, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, and the supplier's reputation and history.
- Review catalogs, industry periodicals, directories, trade journals, and Internet sites and consult with other department personnel to locate necessary goods and services.
- Contact carriers for rates or schedules.
- Contact potential vendors to determine material availability.
- Identify or procure needed resources to implement sustainability programs or projects.
||Wholesale and Retail Buyers, Except Farm Products
- Collaborate with vendors to obtain or develop desired products.
||Reservation and Transportation Ticket Agents and Travel Clerks
- Contact motel, hotel, resort, and travel operators to obtain current advertising literature.
See all 6 related occupations >>