Related Occupations for Task
27-1011.00 - Art Directors
Related occupations for task:
Formulate basic layout design or presentation approach and specify material details, such as style and size of type, photographs, graphics, animation, video, and sound.
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts, based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and Web sites.
- Key information into computer equipment to create layouts for client or supervisor.
||Directors- Stage, Motion Pictures, Television, and Radio
- Plan details such as framing, composition, camera movement, sound, and actor movement for each shot or scene.
- Establish pace of programs and sequences of scenes according to time requirements and cast and set accessibility.
- Choose settings and locations for films and determine how scenes will be shot in these settings.
||Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Motion Picture
- Compose and frame each shot, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses, film, filters, and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors.
- Read charts and compute ratios to determine variables such as lighting, shutter angles, filter factors, and camera distances.
||Set and Exhibit Designers
- Prepare preliminary renderings of proposed exhibits, including detailed construction, layout, and material specifications, and diagrams relating to aspects such as special effects or lighting.
- Design and build scale models of set designs, or miniature sets used in filming backgrounds or special effects.
- Determine desired images and picture composition, selecting and adjusting subjects, equipment, and lighting to achieve desired effects.
- Estimate or measure light levels, distances, and numbers of exposures needed, using measuring devices and formulas.
See all 11 related occupations >>