Related occupations for task:
Finish and dress the joints and wipe excess grout from between tiles, using damp sponge.
||Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Cut fixture or border tiles to size, using keyhole saws, and insert them into surrounding frameworks.
- Mount tile, using adhesives, or by nailing, screwing, stapling, or wire-tying lath directly to structural frameworks.
- Nail channels or wood furring strips to surfaces to provide mounting for tile.
- Apply cement to backs of tiles and press tiles into place, aligning them with layout marks or joints of previously laid tile.
||Brickmasons and Blockmasons
- Construct corners by fastening in plumb position a corner pole or building a corner pyramid of bricks, and filling in between the corners using a line from corner to corner to guide each course, or layer, of brick.
- Remove excess mortar with trowels and hand tools, and finish mortar joints with jointing tools, for a sealed, uniform appearance.
- Fasten or fuse brick or other building material to structure with wire clamps, anchor holes, torch, or cement.
- Lay and align bricks, blocks, or tiles to build or repair structures or high temperature equipment, such as cupola, kilns, ovens, or furnaces.
- Clean excess mortar or grout from surface of marble, stone, or monument, using sponge, brush, water, or acid.
- Lay brick to build shells of chimneys and smokestacks or to line or reline industrial furnaces, kilns, boilers and similar installations.
- Replace broken or missing masonry units in walls or floors.
- Construct and install prefabricated masonry units.
||Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers
- Wet surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth, using trowel.
- Fabricate concrete beams, columns, and panels.
- Place, consolidate, or protect case-in-place concrete or masonry structures.
See all 12 related occupations >>