- Shape, trim, face and cut marble or stone preparatory to setting, using power saws, cutting equipment, and hand tools.
- Lay brick to build shells of chimneys and smokestacks or to line or reline industrial furnaces, kilns, boilers and similar installations.
- Replace broken or missing masonry units in walls or floors.
- Smooth, polish, and bevel surfaces, using hand tools and power tools.
- Repair cracked or chipped areas of stone or marble, using blowtorch and mastic, and remove rough or defective spots from concrete, using power grinder or chisel and hammer.
- Construct and install prefabricated masonry units.
||Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Cut fixture or border tiles to size, using keyhole saws, and insert them into surrounding frameworks.
- Scribe and cut edges of tile to fit walls where wall molding is not specified.
- Mount tile, using adhesives, or by nailing, screwing, stapling, or wire-tying lath directly to structural frameworks.
- Nail channels or wood furring strips to surfaces to provide mounting for tile.
- Apply cement to backs of tiles and press tiles into place, aligning them with layout marks or joints of previously laid tile.
||Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers
- Wet surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth, using trowel.
- Chip, scrape, and grind high spots, ridges, and rough projections to finish concrete, using pneumatic chisels, power grinders, or hand tools.
- Fabricate concrete beams, columns, and panels.
- Polish surface, using polishing or surfacing machine.
||Terrazzo Workers and Finishers
- Grind surfaces with a power grinder or polish surfaces with polishing or surfacing machines.
- Grind curved surfaces or areas inaccessible to surfacing machine, such as stairways or cabinet tops, with portable hand grinder.
- Wet surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth with a trowel.
- Chip, scrape, or grind high spots, ridges, or rough projections to finish concrete, using pneumatic chisel, hand chisel, or other hand tools.
||Brickmasons and Blockmasons
- Construct corners by fastening in plumb position a corner pole or building a corner pyramid of bricks, and filling in between the corners using a line from corner to corner to guide each course, or layer, of brick.
- Break or cut bricks, tiles, or blocks to size, using trowel edge, hammer, or power saw.
- Fasten or fuse brick or other building material to structure with wire clamps, anchor holes, torch, or cement.
- Lay and align bricks, blocks, or tiles to build or repair structures or high temperature equipment, such as cupola, kilns, ovens, or furnaces.