- Spray materials, such as water, sand, steam, vinyl, paint, or stucco, through hoses to clean, coat, or seal surfaces.
- Mop, brush, or spread paints, cleaning solutions, or other compounds over surfaces to clean them or to provide protection.
- Raze buildings or salvage useful materials.
- Sweep and clean roofs to prepare them for the application of new roofing materials.
- Remove old roofing materials.
||Floor Layers, Except Carpet, Wood, and Hard Tiles
- Sweep, scrape, sand, or chip dirt and irregularities to clean base surfaces, correcting imperfections that may show through the covering.
- Disconnect and remove appliances, light fixtures, and worn floor and wall covering from floors, walls, and cabinets.
||Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, and Tile and Marble Setters
- Clean installation surfaces, equipment, tools, work sites, or storage areas, using water, chemical solutions, oxygen lances, or polishing machines.
- Remove damaged tile, brick, or mortar, and clean or prepare surfaces, using pliers, hammers, chisels, drills, wire brushes, or metal wire anchors.
||Brickmasons and Blockmasons
- Clean working surface to remove scale, dust, soot, or chips of brick and mortar, using broom, wire brush, or scraper.
- Remove burned or damaged brick or mortar, using sledgehammer, crowbar, chipping gun, or chisel.