Related occupations for task:
Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural, and floor designs.
- Set vertical and horizontal alignment of structures, using plumb bob, gauge line, and level.
- Set stone or marble in place, according to layout or pattern.
- Lay brick to build shells of chimneys and smokestacks or to line or reline industrial furnaces, kilns, boilers and similar installations.
- Replace broken or missing masonry units in walls or floors.
- Construct and install prefabricated masonry units.
||Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Cut fixture or border tiles to size, using keyhole saws, and insert them into surrounding frameworks.
- Mount tile, using adhesives, or by nailing, screwing, stapling, or wire-tying lath directly to structural frameworks.
- Nail channels or wood furring strips to surfaces to provide mounting for tile.
- Apply cement to backs of tiles and press tiles into place, aligning them with layout marks or joints of previously laid tile.
||Brickmasons and Blockmasons
- Construct corners by fastening in plumb position a corner pole or building a corner pyramid of bricks, and filling in between the corners using a line from corner to corner to guide each course, or layer, of brick.
- Fasten or fuse brick or other building material to structure with wire clamps, anchor holes, torch, or cement.
- Lay and align bricks, blocks, or tiles to build or repair structures or high temperature equipment, such as cupola, kilns, ovens, or furnaces.
||Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers
- Wet surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth, using trowel.
- Fabricate concrete beams, columns, and panels.
||Terrazzo Workers and Finishers
- Position and secure moisture membrane and wire mesh in preparation for pouring base materials for terrazzo installation.
- Wet surface to prepare for bonding, fill holes and cracks with grout or slurry, and smooth with a trowel.
See all 8 related occupations >>