Related occupations for task:
Mix and apply mortar or cement to edges and ends of drain tiles to seal halves and joints.
||Terrazzo Workers and Finishers
- Measure designated amounts of ingredients for terrazzo or grout, according to standard formulas and specifications, using graduated containers and scales, and load ingredients into portable mixer.
- Blend marble chip mixtures, place into panels, and push a roller over the surface to embed the chips.
- Mix cement, sand, and water to produce concrete, grout, or slurry, using hoe, trowel, tamper, scraper, or concrete-mixing machine.
||Brickmasons and Blockmasons
- Apply and smooth mortar or other mixture over work surface.
- Remove excess mortar with trowels and hand tools, and finish mortar joints with jointing tools, for a sealed, uniform appearance.
- Mix specified amounts of sand, clay, dirt, or mortar powder with water to form refractory mixtures.
||Derrick Operators, Oil and Gas
- Control the viscosity and weight of the drilling fluid.
- Weigh clay, and mix with water and chemicals to make drilling mud, using portable mixers.
- Mix mortar or grout and pour or spread mortar or grout on marble slabs, stone, or foundation.
- Remove wedges, fill joints between stones, finish joints between stones, using a trowel, and smooth the mortar to an attractive finish, using a tuck pointer.
- Mix ingredients to create compounds for covering or cleaning surfaces.
- Mix, pour, or spread concrete, using portable cement mixers.
See all 20 related occupations >>