- Trace out short circuits in wiring, using test meter.
- Strip insulation from wire ends, using wire stripping pliers, and attach wires to terminals for subsequent soldering.
- Examine electrical units for loose connections and broken insulation and tighten connections, using hand tools.
- Install copper-clad ground rods, using a manual post driver.
- Thread conduit ends, connect couplings, and fabricate and secure conduit support brackets, using hand tools.
- Disassemble defective electrical equipment, replace defective or worn parts, and reassemble equipment, using hand tools.
- Erect electrical system components and barricades, and rig scaffolds, hoists, and shoring.
- Perform semi-skilled and unskilled laboring duties related to the installation, maintenance and repair of a wide variety of electrical systems and equipment.
- Solder electrical connections, using soldering iron.
- Bolt component parts together to form tower assemblies, using hand tools.
||Elevator Installers and Repairers
- Connect electrical wiring to control panels and electric motors.
- Disassemble defective units, and repair or replace parts such as locks, gears, cables, and electric wiring.
- Install electrical wires and controls by attaching conduit along shaft walls from floor to floor and pulling plastic-covered wires through the conduit.
- Operate elevators to determine power demands, and test power consumption to detect overload factors.
- Assemble electrically powered stairs, steel frameworks, and tracks, and install associated motors and electrical wiring.
- Test and troubleshoot instruments, components, and assemblies, using circuit testers, oscilloscopes, or voltmeters.
- Install electrical and electronic components, assemblies, and systems in aircraft, using hand tools, power tools, or soldering irons.
- Set up and operate ground support and test equipment to perform functional flight tests of electrical and electronic systems.
- Connect components to assemblies such as radio systems, instruments, magnetos, inverters, and in-flight refueling systems, using hand tools and soldering irons.
||Telecommunications Equipment Installers and Repairers, Except Line Installers
- Assemble and install communication equipment such as data and telephone communication lines, wiring, switching equipment, wiring frames, power apparatus, computer systems, and networks.
- Install telephone station equipment, such as intercommunication systems, transmitters, receivers, relays, and ringers, and related apparatus, such as coin collectors, telephone booths, and switching-key equipment.
- Place intercept circuits on terminals to handle vacant lines in central office installations.
||Electrical and Electronics Installers and Repairers, Transportation Equipment
- Inspect and test electrical systems and equipment to locate and diagnose malfunctions, using visual inspections, testing devices, and computer software.
- Install new fuses, electrical cables, or power sources as required.
- Install fixtures, outlets, terminal boards, switches, and wall boxes, using hand tools.