Related occupations for task:
Follow checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas.
||Aircraft Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Examine and inspect aircraft components, including landing gear, hydraulic systems, and deicers to locate cracks, breaks, leaks, or other problems.
- Conduct routine and special inspections as required by regulations.
- Measure parts for wear, using precision instruments.
- Examine engines through specially designed openings while working from ladders or scaffolds, or use hoists or lifts to remove the entire engine from an aircraft.
- Remove, inspect, repair, and install in-flight refueling stores and external fuel tanks.
||Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery such as pumps and compressors.
||Tire Repairers and Changers
- Inspect tire casings for defects, such as holes or tears.
- Locate punctures in tubeless tires by visual inspection or by immersing inflated tires in water baths and observing air bubbles.
- Inflate inner tubes and immerse them in water to locate leaks.
||Motorboat Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Inspect and repair or adjust propellers or propeller shafts.
- Disassemble and inspect motors to locate defective parts, using mechanic's hand tools and gauges.
||Outdoor Power Equipment and Other Small Engine Mechanics
- Test and inspect engines to determine malfunctions, to locate missing and broken parts, and to verify repairs, using diagnostic instruments.
- Dismantle engines, using hand tools, and examine parts for defects.
See all 9 related occupations >>