Related occupations for task:
Disassemble units and inspect parts for wear, using micrometers, calipers, and gauges.
- Dismantle engines and repair or replace defective parts, such as magnetos, carburetors, or generators.
- Disassemble subassembly units and examine condition, movement, or alignment of parts, visually or using gauges.
||Outdoor Power Equipment and Other Small Engine Mechanics
- Dismantle engines, using hand tools, and examine parts for defects.
- Remove engines from equipment, and position and bolt engines to repair stands.
||Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Disassemble and repair mechanical control devices or valves, such as regulators, thermostats, or hydrants, using power tools, hand tools, and cutting torches.
- Dismantle meters, and replace or adjust defective parts such as cases, shafts, gears, disks, and recording mechanisms, using soldering irons and hand tools.
||Welders, Cutters, and Welder Fitters
- Repair products by dismantling, straightening, reshaping, and reassembling parts, using cutting torches, straightening presses, and hand tools.
- Dismantle metal assemblies or cut scrap metal, using thermal-cutting equipment such as flame-cutting torches or plasma-arc equipment.
||Automotive Body and Related Repairers
- Remove damaged sections of vehicles using metal-cutting guns, air grinders and wrenches, and install replacement parts using wrenches or welding equipment.
See more related occupations >>