||Automotive Specialty Technicians
- Repair, overhaul, or adjust automobile brake systems.
- Repair or replace defective ball joint suspensions, brake shoes, or wheel bearings.
- Tune automobile engines to ensure proper and efficient functioning.
- Repair, replace, or adjust defective fuel injectors, carburetor parts, and gasoline filters.
- Install, adjust, or repair hydraulic or electromagnetic automatic lift mechanisms used to raise and lower automobile windows, seats, and tops.
- Repair or rebuild clutch systems.
- Repair or replace automobile leaf springs.
||Bus and Truck Mechanics and Diesel Engine Specialists
- Adjust and reline brakes, align wheels, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment.
- Inspect, repair, and maintain automotive and mechanical equipment and machinery, such as pumps and compressors.
- Install or repair accessories.
- Diagnose and repair vehicle heating and cooling systems.
- Repair or adjust seats, doors, or windows.
- Adjust or repair computer controlled exhaust emissions devices.
- Mount, balance, change, or check condition or pressure of tires.
- Replace defective parts, using hand tools, arbor presses, flexible power presses, or power tools.
- Repair or adjust motorcycle subassemblies, such as forks, transmissions, brakes, or drive chains, according to specifications.
- Repair or replace other parts, such as headlights, horns, handlebar controls, gasoline or oil tanks, starters, or mufflers.
||Rail Car Repairers
- Repair, fabricate, and install steel or wood fittings, using blueprints, shop sketches, and instruction manuals.
- Examine car roofs for wear and damage, and repair defective sections, using roofing material, cement, nails, and waterproof paint.
- Repair window sash frames, attach weather stripping and channels to frames, and replace window glass, using hand tools.
- Repair car upholstery.
||Automotive Glass Installers and Repairers
- Install, repair, or replace safety glass and related materials, such as back glass heating elements, on vehicles or equipment.
- Replace or adjust motorized or manual window-raising mechanisms.