Related occupations for task:
Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Play instruments to evaluate their sound quality and to locate any defects.
- Inspect instruments to locate defects, and to determine their value or the level of restoration required.
- Compare instrument pitches with tuning tool pitches to tune instruments.
- Strike wood, fiberglass, or metal bars of instruments, and use tuned blocks, stroboscopes, or electronic tuners to evaluate tones made by instruments.
||Signal and Track Switch Repairers
- Install, inspect, maintain, and repair various railroad service equipment on the road or in the shop, including railroad signal systems.
- Inspect switch-controlling mechanisms on trolley wires and in track beds, using hand tools and test equipment.
- Test air lines and air cylinders on pneumatically operated gates.
||Electric Motor, Power Tool, and Related Repairers
- Inspect and test equipment to locate damage or worn parts and diagnose malfunctions, or read work orders or schematic drawings to determine required repairs.
- Test equipment for overheating, using speed gauges and thermometers.
||Farm Equipment Mechanics and Service Technicians
- Reassemble machines and equipment following repair, testing operation and making adjustments as necessary.
- Examine and listen to equipment, read inspection reports, and confer with customers to locate and diagnose malfunctions.
- Disassemble timepieces and inspect them for defective, worn, misaligned, or rusty parts, using loupes.
- Test timepiece accuracy and performance, using meters and other electronic instruments.
See more related occupations >>