||Hoist and Winch Operators
- Move levers, pedals, and throttles to stop, start, and regulate speeds of hoist or winch drums in response to hand, bell, buzzer, telephone, loud-speaker, or whistle signals, or by observing dial indicators or cable marks.
- Start engines of hoists or winches and use levers and pedals to wind or unwind cable on drums.
- Operate compressed air, diesel, electric, gasoline, or steam-driven hoists or winches to control movement of cableways, cages, derricks, draglines, loaders, railcars, or skips.
- Move or reposition hoists, winches, loads and materials, manually or using equipment and machines such as trucks, cars, and hand trucks.
- Apply hand or foot brakes and move levers to lock hoists or winches.
- Tend auxiliary equipment, such as jacks, slings, cables, or stop blocks, to facilitate moving items or materials for further processing.
||Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
- Move freight, stock, or other materials to and from storage or production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, ships, or containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, or other equipment.
- Attach slings, hooks, or other devices to lift cargo and guide loads.
- Adjust controls to guide, position, or move equipment, such as cranes, booms, or cameras.
- Guide loads being lifted to prevent swinging.
- Carry needed tools or supplies from storage or trucks and return them after use.
||Packers and Packagers, Hand
- Obtain, move, and sort products, materials, containers, and orders, using hand tools.
- Remove completed or defective products or materials, placing them on moving equipment, such as conveyors, or in specified areas, such as loading docks.
- Transport packages to customers' vehicles.
- Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chainfalls, gin poles, gallows frames, and other equipment.
- Tilt, dip, and turn suspended loads to maneuver over, under, or around obstacles, using multi-point suspension techniques.
- Manipulate rigging lines, hoists, and pulling gear to move or support materials, such as heavy equipment, ships, or theatrical sets.
||Cutting and Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders
- Operate cranes, or signal crane operators to position or remove stone from cars or saw beds.
- Turn cranks or press buttons to activate winches that move cars under sawing cables or saw frames.