||Control and Valve Installers and Repairers, Except Mechanical Door
- Lubricate wearing surfaces of mechanical parts, using oils or other lubricants.
- Turn valves to allow measured amounts of air or gas to pass through meters at specified flow rates.
- Vary air pressure flowing into regulators and turn handles to assess functioning of valves and pistons.
- Dismantle meters, and replace or adjust defective parts such as cases, shafts, gears, disks, and recording mechanisms, using soldering irons and hand tools.
- Make adjustments to meter components, such as setscrews or timing mechanisms, so that they conform to specifications.
||Musical Instrument Repairers and Tuners
- Adjust string tensions to tune instruments, using hand tools and electronic tuning devices.
- Reassemble instruments following repair, using hand tools and power tools and glue, hair, yarn, resin, or clamps, and lubricate instruments as necessary.
- String instruments, and adjust trusses and bridges of instruments to obtain specified string tensions and heights.
- Adjust felt hammers on pianos to increase tonal mellowness or brilliance, using sanding paddles, lacquer, or needles.
- Monitor and adjust operations of geothermal power plant equipment or systems.
- Adjust power production systems to meet load and distribution demands.
- Install and maintain geothermal plant electrical protection equipment.
- Install and maintain geothermal system instrumentation or controls.
||Coin, Vending, and Amusement Machine Servicers and Repairers
- Fill machines with products, ingredients, money, and other supplies.
- Clean and oil machine parts.
- Adjust and repair coin, vending, or amusement machines and meters and replace defective mechanical and electrical parts, using hand tools, soldering irons, and diagrams.
- Adjust machine pressure gauges and thermostats.
||Maintenance and Repair Workers, General
- Maintain or repair specialized equipment or machinery located in cafeterias, laundries, hospitals, stores, offices, or factories.
- Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery.
- Adjust functional parts of devices or control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, or straightedges.
- Perform routine maintenance on boilers, such as replacing burners or hoses, installing replacement parts, or reinforcing structural weaknesses to ensure optimal boiler efficiency.