Related occupations for task:
Inspect vehicles and check gas, oil, and water levels prior to departure.
||Transportation Vehicle, Equipment and Systems Inspectors, Except Aviation
- Inspect vehicles or other equipment for evidence of abuse, damage, or mechanical malfunction.
- Inspect vehicles or equipment to ensure compliance with rules, standards, or regulations.
- Inspect repairs to transportation vehicles or equipment to ensure that repair work was performed properly.
- Identify modifications to engines, fuel systems, emissions control equipment, or other vehicle systems to determine the impact of modifications on inspection procedures or conclusions.
- Perform low-pressure fuel evaluative tests (LPFET) to test for harmful emissions from vehicles without onboard diagnostics (OBD) equipment.
- Conduct remote inspections of motor vehicles, using handheld controllers and remotely directed vehicle inspection devices.
- Compare emissions findings with applicable emissions standards.
- Conduct visual inspections of emission control equipment and smoke emitted from gasoline or diesel vehicles.
- Conduct vehicle or transportation equipment tests, using diagnostic equipment.
- Identify emissions testing procedures and standards appropriate for the age and technology of vehicles.
- Read draft markings to determine depths of vessels in water.
- Measure vessels' holds and depths of fuel and water in tanks, using sounding lines and tape measures.
||Automotive and Watercraft Service Attendants
- Check tire pressure and levels of fuel, motor oil, transmission, radiator, battery, or other fluids, adding air or fluids as required.
- Test and charge batteries.
||Shuttle Drivers and Chauffeurs
- Check the condition of a vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is in working order.
- Test vehicle equipment, such as lights, brakes, horns, or windshield wipers, to ensure proper operation.
||Rail Yard Engineers, Dinkey Operators, and Hostlers
- Observe water levels and oil, air, and steam pressure gauges to ensure proper operation of equipment.
See all 19 related occupations >>