Related occupations for task:
Modify existing software to correct errors, allow it to adapt to new hardware, or to improve its performance.
- Write, analyze, review, and rewrite programs, using workflow chart and diagram, and applying knowledge of computer capabilities, subject matter, and symbolic logic.
- Perform or direct revision, repair, or expansion of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
- Write, update, and maintain computer programs or software packages to handle specific jobs such as tracking inventory, storing or retrieving data, or controlling other equipment.
||Computer Systems Analysts
- Expand or modify system to serve new purposes or improve work flow.
- Assess the usefulness of pre-developed application packages and adapt them to a user environment.
||Data Warehousing Specialists
- Write new programs or modify existing programs to meet customer requirements, using current programming languages and technologies.
||Software Developers, Systems Software
- Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware, or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
||Computer Network Architects
- Participate in network technology upgrade or expansion projects, including installation of hardware and software and integration testing.
See all 8 related occupations >>