Related occupations for task:
Determine map content and layout, as well as production specifications such as scale, size, projection, and colors, and direct production to ensure that specifications are followed.
- Produce or update overlay maps to show information boundaries, water locations, or topographic features on various base maps or at different scales.
- Determine scales, line sizes, or colors to be used for hard copies of computerized maps, using plotters.
- Trace contours or topographic details to generate maps that denote specific land or property locations or geographic attributes.
- Redraw or correct maps, such as revising parcel maps, to reflect tax code area changes, using information from official records or surveys.
- Form three-dimensional images of aerial photographs taken from different locations, using mathematical techniques and plotting instruments.
- Prepare and maintain sketches, maps, reports, and legal descriptions of surveys to describe, certify, and assume liability for work performed.
- Establish fixed points for use in making maps, using geodetic and engineering instruments.
- Draw maps, diagrams, and profiles, using cross-sections and surveys, to represent elevations, topographical contours, subsurface formations and structures.
- Prepare site plans, specifications, or cost estimates for land development.
||Civil Engineering Technicians
- Analyze proposed site factors and design maps, graphs, tracings, and diagrams to illustrate findings.
See all 6 related occupations >>