Related occupations for task:
Test air to detect toxic gases and recommend measures to remove them, such as installation of ventilation shafts.
||Health and Safety Engineers, Except Mining Safety Engineers and Inspectors
- Investigate industrial accidents, injuries, or occupational diseases to determine causes and preventive measures.
- Recommend procedures for detection, prevention, and elimination of physical, chemical, or other product hazards.
- Evaluate adequacy of actions taken to correct health inspection violations.
- Interview employers and employees to obtain information about work environments and workplace incidents.
- Review employee safety programs to determine their adequacy.
- Provide technical advice and guidance to organizations on how to handle health-related problems and make needed changes.
||Human Factors Engineers and Ergonomists
- Recommend workplace changes to improve health and safety, using knowledge of potentially harmful factors, such as heavy loads or repetitive motions.
- Provide technical support to clients through activities, such as rearranging workplace fixtures to reduce physical hazards or discomfort or modifying task sequences to reduce cycle time.
- Review health, safety, accident, or worker compensation records to evaluate safety program effectiveness or to identify jobs with high incidence of injury.
||Fire-Prevention and Protection Engineers
- Advise architects, builders, and other construction personnel on fire prevention equipment and techniques and on fire code and standard interpretation and compliance.
- Consult with authorities to discuss safety regulations and to recommend changes as necessary.
- Examine accidents to obtain data that can be used to design preventive measures.
- Recommend preventive measures to be taken in the handling of nuclear technology, based on data obtained from operations monitoring or from evaluation of test results.
||Occupational Health and Safety Specialists
- Analyze incident data to identify trends in injuries, illnesses, accidents, or other hazards.
See all 6 related occupations >>