Related Occupations for Task
17-2171.00 - Petroleum Engineers
Related occupations for task:
Specify and supervise well modification and stimulation programs to maximize oil and gas recovery.
||Mining and Geological Engineers, Including Mining Safety Engineers
- Select or develop mineral location, extraction, and production methods, based on factors such as safety, cost, and deposit characteristics.
- Select locations and plan underground or surface mining operations, specifying processes, labor usage, and equipment that will result in safe, economical, and environmentally sound extraction of minerals and ores.
- Select or devise materials-handling methods and equipment to transport ore, waste materials, and mineral products efficiently and economically.
||Energy Engineers, Except Wind and Solar
- Monitor energy related design or construction issues, such as energy engineering, energy management, or sustainable design.
- Manage the development, design, or construction of energy conservation projects to ensure acceptability of budgets and time lines, conformance to federal and state laws, or adherence to approved specifications.
- Direct the implementation of energy management projects.
||Wind Energy Engineers
- Oversee the work activities of wind farm consultants or subcontractors.
- Direct balance of plant (BOP) construction, generator installation, testing, commissioning, or supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) to ensure compliance with specifications.
- Direct operating or maintenance activities of operational nuclear power plants to ensure efficiency and conformity to safety standards.
- Design or oversee construction or operation of nuclear reactors or power plants or nuclear fuels reprocessing and reclamation systems.
- Establish or coordinate the maintenance or safety procedures, service schedule, or supply of materials required to maintain machines or equipment in the prescribed condition.
See all 15 related occupations >>