Related occupations for task:
Improve chemical processes to reduce toxic emissions.
- Review existing manufacturing processes to identify opportunities for yield improvement or reduced process variation.
- Design or conduct follow-up experimentation, based on generated data, to meet established process objectives.
- Design or conduct studies to determine optimal conditions for cell growth, protein production, or protein or virus expression or recovery, using chromatography, separation, or filtration equipment, such as centrifuges or bioreactors.
- Lead studies to examine or recommend changes in process sequences or operation protocols.
- Develop experiments to determine production methods that minimize pollution or waste.
- Modify or control biological systems to replace, augment, or sustain chemical or mechanical processes.
- Conduct research, along with life scientists, chemists, and medical scientists, on the engineering aspects of the biological systems of humans and animals.
- Design and deliver technology to assist people with disabilities.
- Research new materials to be used for products, such as implanted artificial organs.
- Monitor and analyze data from processes and experiments.
- Conduct research to develop new and improved chemical manufacturing processes.
- Reengineer nanomaterials to improve biodegradability.