Related Occupations for Task
19-1022.00 - Microbiologists
Related occupations for task:
Examine physiological, morphological, and cultural characteristics, using microscope, to identify and classify microorganisms in human, water, and food specimens.
||Biochemists and Biophysicists
- Determine the three-dimensional structure of biological macromolecules.
- Isolate, analyze, or synthesize vitamins, hormones, allergens, minerals, or enzymes and determine their effects on body functions.
||Soil and Plant Scientists
- Identify or classify species of insects or allied forms, such as mites or spiders.
- Perform chemical analyses of the microorganism content of soils to determine microbial reactions or chemical mineralogical relationships to plant growth.
||Molecular and Cellular Biologists
- Compile and analyze molecular or cellular experimental data and adjust experimental designs as necessary.
- Perform laboratory procedures following protocols including deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) sequencing, cloning and extraction, ribonucleic acid (RNA) purification, or gel electrophoresis.
- Extract deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) or perform diagnostic tests involving processes such as gel electrophoresis, Southern blot analysis, and polymerase chain reaction analysis.
- Identify, classify, and study structure, behavior, ecology, physiology, nutrition, culture, and distribution of plant and animal species.
See all 10 related occupations >>