Related occupations for task:
Develop applied software for the analysis and interpretation of geological data.
- Develop new software applications or customize existing applications to meet specific scientific project needs.
- Create novel computational approaches and analytical tools as required by research goals.
- Consult with researchers to analyze problems, recommend technology-based solutions, or determine computational strategies.
- Design and apply bioinformatics algorithms including unsupervised and supervised machine learning, dynamic programming, or graphic algorithms.
- Provide statistical and computational tools for biologically based activities, such as genetic analysis, measurement of gene expression, or gene function determination.
- Create or modify web-based bioinformatics tools.
- Improve user interfaces to bioinformatics software and databases.
- Collaborate with software developers in the development and modification of commercial bioinformatics software.
- Test new and updated bioinformatics tools and software.
- Provide geographical information systems support to the private and public sectors.
- Develop, operate, and maintain geographical information computer systems, including hardware, software, plotters, digitizers, printers, and video cameras.
||Remote Sensing Technicians
- Consult with remote sensing scientists, surveyors, cartographers, or engineers to determine project needs.
- Develop specialized computer software routines to customize and integrate image analysis.
- Develop instrumentation and software for astronomical observation and analysis.
||Social Science Research Assistants
- Design and create special programs for tasks such as statistical analysis and data entry and cleaning.
See all 8 related occupations >>