Related occupations for task:
Observe pictures through monitors and direct camera and video staff concerning shading and composition.
||Producers and Directors
- Plan details such as framing, composition, camera movement, sound, and actor movement for each shot or scene.
- Review film, recordings, or rehearsals to ensure conformance to production and broadcast standards.
- Establish pace of programs and sequences of scenes according to time requirements and cast and set accessibility.
- Choose settings and locations for films and determine how scenes will be shot in these settings.
- Review film daily to check on work in progress and to plan for future filming.
||Camera Operators, Television, Video, and Film
- Compose and frame each shot, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses, film, filters, and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors.
- View films to resolve problems of exposure control, subject and camera movement, changes in subject distance, and related variables.
- Read charts and compute ratios to determine variables such as lighting, shutter angles, filter factors, and camera distances.
||Film and Video Editors
- Review footage sequence by sequence to become familiar with it before assembling it into a final product.
- Review assembled films or edited videotapes on screens or monitors to determine if corrections are necessary.
- Estimate how long audiences watching comedies will laugh at each gag line or situation to space scenes appropriately.
||Media Programming Directors
- Monitor and review programming to ensure that schedules are met, guidelines are adhered to, and performances are of adequate quality.
- Monitor network transmissions for advisories concerning daily program schedules, program content, special feeds, or program changes.
- Determine desired images and picture composition, selecting and adjusting subjects, equipment, and lighting to achieve desired effects.
- Estimate or measure light levels, distances, and numbers of exposures needed, using measuring devices and formulas.
See all 11 related occupations >>