Related occupations for task:
Present live or recorded commentary via broadcast media.
||Public Address System and Other Announcers
- Inform patrons of coming events at a specific venue.
- Read prepared scripts describing acts or tricks presented during performances.
- Instruct and calm crowds during emergencies.
- Improvise commentary on items of interest, such as background and history of an event or past records of participants.
- Announce programs and player substitutions or other changes to patrons.
- Provide running commentaries of event activities, such as play-by-play descriptions or explanations of official decisions.
- Review and announce crowd control procedures before the beginning of each event.
||Radio and Television Announcers
- Announce musical selections, station breaks, commercials, or public service information, and accept requests from listening audience.
- Identify stations, and introduce or close shows, ad-libbing or using memorized or read scripts.
- Comment on music and other matters, such as weather or traffic conditions.
- Discuss various topics over the telephone with viewers or listeners.
- Provide commentary and conduct interviews during sporting events, parades, conventions, or other events.
||Public Relations Specialists
- Prepare or deliver speeches to further public relations objectives.
- Introduce performances and performers to stimulate excitement and coordinate smooth transition of acts during events.
||Directors- Stage, Motion Pictures, Television, and Radio
- Introduce plays and meet with audiences after shows to explain how the play was interpreted.
See all 6 related occupations >>