Related Occupations for Task
27-3042.00 - Technical Writers
Related occupations for task:
Select photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
||News Analysts, Reporters, and Journalists
- Examine news items of local, national, and international significance to determine topics to address, or obtain assignments from editorial staff members.
- Select material most pertinent to presentation, and organize this material into appropriate formats.
- Determine a published or broadcasted story's emphasis, length, and format and organize material accordingly.
||Media Programming Directors
- Plan and schedule programming and event coverage, based on broadcast length, time availability, and other factors, such as community needs, ratings data, and viewer demographics.
- Develop ideas for programs and features that a station could produce.
- Evaluate new and existing programming to assess suitability and the need for changes, using information such as audience surveys and feedback.
- Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
- Select local, state, national, and international news items received from wire services, based on assessment of items' significance and interest value.
||Film and Video Editors
- Select and combine the most effective shots of each scene to form a logical and smoothly running story.
- Determine the specific audio and visual effects and music necessary to complete films.
||Broadcast Announcers and Radio Disc Jockeys
- Select program content, in conjunction with producers and assistants, based on factors such as program specialties, audience tastes, or requests from the public.
- Develop story lines for broadcasts.
See all 9 related occupations >>