Related occupations for task:
Confer with directors, sound and lighting technicians, electricians, and other crew members to discuss assignments and determine filming sequences, desired effects, camera movements, and lighting requirements.
||Directors- Stage, Motion Pictures, Television, and Radio
- Confer with technical directors, managers, crew members, and writers to discuss details of production, such as photography, script, music, sets, and costumes.
- Collaborate with film and sound editors during the post-production process as films are edited and soundtracks are added.
- Confer with stage managers to arrange schedules for rehearsals, costume fittings, and sound or light development.
||Set and Exhibit Designers
- Collaborate with those in charge of lighting and sound so that those production aspects can be coordinated with set designs or exhibit layouts.
- Confer with conservators in order to determine how to handle an exhibit's environmental aspects, such as lighting, temperature, and humidity, so that objects will be protected and exhibits will be enhanced.
- Confer with operations directors to formulate and maintain fair and attainable technical policies for programs.
- Discuss filter options, lens choices, and the visual effects of objects being filmed with photography directors and video operators.
||Film and Video Editors
- Confer with producers and directors concerning layout or editing approaches needed to increase dramatic or entertainment value of productions.
- Discuss the sound requirements of pictures with sound effects editors.
- Read scripts and confer with producers to determine the types and numbers of performers required for a given production.
See all 11 related occupations >>