Related occupations for task:
Perform administrative duties, such as tracking inventory and sales, submitting patient insurance information, and performing simple bookkeeping.
||Medical Records Specialists
- Post medical insurance billings.
- Release information to persons or agencies according to regulations.
- Retrieve patient medical records for physicians, technicians, or other medical personnel.
- Scan patients' health records into electronic formats.
- Transcribe medical reports.
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Answer telephones, responding to questions or requests.
- Price and file prescriptions that have been filled.
- Prepare and process medical insurance claim forms and records.
- Compute charges for medication or equipment dispensed to hospital patients and enter data in computer.
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Process medical insurance claims, posting bill amounts and calculating copayments.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, or operating office machines.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
||Veterinary Assistants and Laboratory Animal Caretakers
- Perform office reception duties, such as scheduling appointments or helping customers.
- Write reports, maintain research information, or perform clerical duties.
- Perform accounting duties, such as bookkeeping, billing customers for services, or maintaining inventories.
See more related occupations >>