Related occupations for task:
Observe and record patients' progress, attitudes, and behavior and maintain this information in client records.
- Measure and record food and liquid intake or urinary and fecal output, reporting changes to medical or nursing staff.
- Record vital signs, such as temperature, blood pressure, pulse, or respiration rate, as directed by medical or nursing staff.
- Document or otherwise report observations of patient behavior, complaints, or physical symptoms to nurses.
- Record height or weight of patients.
- Record and maintain patient information, such as vital signs, eating habits, behavior, progress notes, treatments, or discharge plans.
- Complete administrative tasks, such as entering orders into computer, answering telephone calls, or maintaining medical or facility information.
- Interview patients upon admission and record information.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Set up and maintain medical files and databases, including records such as x-ray, lab, and procedure reports, medical histories, diagnostic workups, admission and discharge summaries, and clinical resumes.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
- Maintain medical records, technical library, or correspondence files.
- Compile and record medical charts, reports, or correspondence, using typewriter or personal computer.
- Transcribe recorded messages or practitioners' diagnoses or recommendations into patients' medical records.
- Record treatment information in patient records.
- Take and record medical and dental histories and vital signs of patients.
- Schedule appointments, prepare bills and receive payment for dental services, complete insurance forms, and maintain records, manually or using computer.
See more related occupations >>