Related occupations for task:
Perform clerical duties, such as scheduling appointments, collecting data, or documenting health insurance billings.
- Take dictation using shorthand, a stenotype machine, or headsets and transcribing machines.
- Perform data entry and data retrieval services, providing data for inclusion in medical records and for transmission to physicians.
- Perform a variety of clerical and office tasks, such as handling incoming and outgoing mail, completing and submitting insurance claims, typing, filing, or operating office machines.
- Receive patients, schedule appointments, and maintain patient records.
- Receive and screen telephone calls and visitors.
- Receive written prescription or refill requests and verify that information is complete and accurate.
- Answer telephones, responding to questions or requests.
- Price and file prescriptions that have been filled.
- Prepare and process medical insurance claim forms and records.
- Compute charges for medication or equipment dispensed to hospital patients and enter data in computer.
||Medical Records and Health Information Technicians
- Retrieve patient medical records for physicians, technicians, or other medical personnel.
- Transcribe medical reports.
- Release information to persons or agencies according to regulations.
- Post medical insurance billings.
- Operate cash register to process cash or credit sales.
- Prepare prescription labels by typing or operating a computer and printer.
- Process medical insurance claims, posting bill amounts and calculating copayments.
- Perform clerical tasks, such as filing, compiling and maintaining prescription records, or composing letters.
- Perform general office duties, such as answering telephones, taking dictation, or completing insurance forms.
- Schedule appointments for patients.
- Contact medical facilities or departments to schedule patients for tests or admission.
- Keep financial records or perform other bookkeeping duties, such as handling credit or collections or mailing monthly statements to patients.
See more related occupations >>