Related occupations for task:
Instruct, motivate, safeguard, or assist patients practicing exercises or functional activities, under direction of medical staff.
- Listen and provide emotional support and encouragement to psychiatric patients.
- Organize, supervise, or encourage patient participation in social, educational, or recreational activities.
- Participate in recreational activities with patients, including card games, sports, or television viewing.
||Physical Therapist Assistants
- Instruct, motivate, safeguard, and assist patients as they practice exercises or functional activities.
- Instruct patients in proper body mechanics and in ways to improve functional mobility, such as aquatic exercise.
||Occupational Therapy Aides
- Encourage patients and attend to their physical needs to facilitate the attainment of therapeutic goals.
- Supervise patients in choosing and completing work assignments or arts and crafts projects.
||Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Monitor patients' performance in therapy activities, providing encouragement.
- Maintain and promote a positive attitude toward clients and their treatment programs.
||Home Health Aides
- Entertain, converse with, or read aloud to patients to keep them mentally healthy and alert.
- Direct patients in simple prescribed exercises or in the use of braces or artificial limbs.