Related occupations for task:
Direct firefighters in station maintenance duties, and participate in these duties.
||Forest Fire Fighting and Prevention Supervisors
- Serve as a working leader of an engine, hand, helicopter, or prescribed fire crew of three or more firefighters.
- Maintain fire suppression equipment in good condition, checking equipment periodically to ensure that it is ready for use.
- Direct and supervise prescribed burn projects and prepare postburn reports, analyzing burn conditions and results.
- Monitor fire suppression expenditures to ensure that they are necessary and reasonable.
- Lead work crews in the maintenance of structures or access roads in forest areas.
||Forest Fire Inspectors and Prevention Specialists
- Direct crews working on firelines during forest fires.
- Direct maintenance and repair of firefighting equipment, or requisition new equipment.
- Administer regulations regarding sanitation, fire prevention, violation corrections, and related forest regulations.
- Test and maintain tools, equipment, jump gear, and parachutes to ensure readiness for fire suppression activities.
- Maintain fire equipment and firehouse living quarters.
- Serve as fully trained lead helicopter crewmember and as helispot manager.
- Arrange for the replacement of defective fire fighting equipment and for repair of fire alarm and sprinkler systems, making minor repairs such as servicing fire extinguishers when feasible.
- Supervise staff, training them, planning their work, and evaluating their performance.
- Develop and coordinate fire prevention programs, such as false alarm billing, fire inspection reporting, and hazardous materials management.
||Transit and Railroad Police
- Plan or implement special safety or preventive programs, such as fire or accident prevention.
See all 6 related occupations >>