Related occupations for task:
Identify corrective actions needed to bring properties into compliance with applicable fire codes and ordinances and conduct follow-up inspections to see if corrective actions have been taken.
- Inspect buildings to locate hazardous conditions and fire code violations, such as accumulations of combustible material, electrical wiring problems, and inadequate or non-functional fire exits.
- Conduct fire code compliance follow-ups to ensure that corrective actions have been taken in cases where violations were found.
- Identify corrective actions necessary to bring properties into compliance with applicable fire codes, laws, regulations, and standards, and explain these measures to property owners or their representatives.
- Inspect liquefied petroleum installations, storage containers, and transportation and delivery systems for compliance with fire laws.
||Forest Fire Inspectors and Prevention Specialists
- Inspect forest tracts and logging areas for fire hazards such as accumulated wastes or mishandling of combustibles, and recommend appropriate fire prevention measures.
||Forest Fire Fighting and Prevention Supervisors
- Investigate special fire issues, such as railroad fire problems, right-of-way burning, or slash disposal problems.
- Participate in fire prevention and inspection programs.
||Correctional Officers and Jailers
- Conduct fire, safety, and sanitation inspections.
See all 6 related occupations >>