Related Occupations for Task
33-2011.02 - Forest Firefighters
Related occupations for task:
Extinguish flames and embers to suppress fires, using shovels or engine- or hand-driven water or chemical pumps.
- Create openings in buildings for ventilation or entrance, using axes, chisels, crowbars, electric saws, or core cutters.
- Drive and operate fire fighting vehicles and equipment.
- Position and climb ladders to gain access to upper levels of buildings, or to rescue individuals from burning structures.
- Operate pumps connected to high-pressure hoses.
- Spray foam onto runways, extinguish fires, and rescue aircraft crew and passengers in air-crash emergencies.
||Forest Fire Fighting and Prevention Supervisors
- Serve as a working leader of an engine, hand, helicopter, or prescribed fire crew of three or more firefighters.
- Operate wildland fire engines or hoselays.
||Forest Fire Inspectors and Prevention Specialists
- Extinguish smaller fires with portable extinguishers, shovels, and axes.