Related occupations for task:
Maintain stock and supplies, preparing supplies for special examinations and ordering supplies when necessary.
- Count sponges, needles, and instruments before and after operation.
- Clean and restock operating room, gathering and placing equipment and supplies and arranging instruments according to instructions, such as a preference card.
- Order surgical supplies.
- Maintain supply of fluids, such as plasma, saline, blood, or glucose, for use during operations.
- Maintain proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
- Order, label, and count stock of medications, chemicals, or supplies and enter inventory data into computer.
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against invoices, check for outdated medications in current inventory, and inform supervisors of stock needs and shortages.
- Restock intravenous (IV) supplies and add measured drugs or nutrients to IV solutions under sterile conditions to prepare IV packs for various uses, such as chemotherapy medication.
||Licensed Practical and Licensed Vocational Nurses
- Assemble and use equipment, such as catheters, tracheotomy tubes, or oxygen suppliers.
- Set up equipment and prepare medical treatment rooms.
- Inventory and requisition supplies and instruments.
- Position patient on examining table and set up and adjust equipment to obtain optimum view of specific body area as requested by physician.
- Prepare and set up x-ray room for patient.
- Assure that sterile or non-sterile supplies such as contrast materials, catheters, films, chemicals, or other required equipment, are present and in working order or requisition materials.
- Select or prepare artistic media or related equipment or devices to accomplish therapy session objectives.
- Recommend or purchase needed art supplies or equipment.
See more related occupations >>