Related occupations for task:
Explain procedures and observe patients to ensure safety and comfort during scan.
- Monitor patient's physiological responses to therapy, such as vital signs, arterial blood gases, or blood chemistry changes, and consult with physician if adverse reactions occur.
- Explain treatment procedures to patients to gain cooperation and allay fears.
- Monitor cardiac patients, using electrocardiography devices, such as a holter monitor.
||Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Explain testing procedures to patients to obtain cooperation and reduce anxiety.
- Monitor patients' blood pressure and heart rate using electrocardiogram (EKG) equipment during diagnostic or therapeutic procedures to notify the physician if something appears wrong.
- Monitor patients' comfort and safety during tests, alerting physicians to abnormalities or changes in patient responses.
- Interpret laboratory results and communicate findings to patients or physicians.
- Explain diagnostic procedures such as chorionic villus sampling (CVS), ultrasound, fetal blood sampling, and amniocentesis.
||Acute Care Nurses
- Administer blood and blood product transfusions or intravenous infusions, monitoring patients for adverse reactions.
- Prescribe medications and observe patients' reactions, modifying prescriptions as needed.
- Monitor maternal condition during labor by checking vital signs, monitoring uterine contractions, or performing physical examinations.
- Set up or monitor the administration of oxygen or medications.
See more related occupations >>