Related occupations for task:
Operate or oversee operation of radiologic or magnetic imaging equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes.
||Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists
- Operate Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scanners.
- Operate optical systems to capture dynamic magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) images, such as functional brain imaging, real-time organ motion tracking, or musculoskeletal anatomy and trajectory visualization.
- Place and secure small, portable magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanners on body part to be imaged, such as arm, leg, or head.
||Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Operate ultrasound equipment to produce and record images of the motion, shape, and composition of blood, organs, tissues, or bodily masses, such as fluid accumulations.
- Record and store suitable images, using camera unit connected to the ultrasound equipment.
- Load and unload film cassettes used to record images from procedures.
- Position x-ray equipment and adjust controls to set exposure factors, such as time and distance.
- Operate mobile x-ray equipment in operating room, emergency room, or at patient's bedside.
- Perform procedures, such as linear tomography, mammography, sonograms, joint and cyst aspirations, routine contrast studies, routine fluoroscopy, or examinations of the head, trunk, or extremities under supervision of physician.
||Ophthalmic Medical Technologists
- Collect ophthalmic measurements or other diagnostic information, using ultrasound equipment, such as A-scan ultrasound biometry or B-scan ultrasonography equipment.
- Photograph patients' eye areas, using clinical photography techniques, to document retinal or corneal defects.
- Create three-dimensional images of the eye, using computed tomography (CT).
||Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Operate diagnostic imaging equipment to produce contrast enhanced radiographs of heart and cardiovascular system.
- Activate fluoroscope and camera to produce images used to guide catheter through cardiovascular system.
See all 15 related occupations >>