Related occupations for task:
Monitor patients' conditions and reactions, reporting abnormal signs to physician.
- Administer medications to patients and monitor patients for reactions or side effects.
- Monitor, record, and report symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Inform physician of patient's condition during anesthesia.
||Cardiovascular Technologists and Technicians
- Monitor patients' blood pressure and heart rate using electrocardiogram (EKG) equipment during diagnostic or therapeutic procedures to notify the physician if something appears wrong.
- Monitor patients' comfort and safety during tests, alerting physicians to abnormalities or changes in patient responses.
- Set up 24-hour Holter and event monitors, scan and interpret tapes, and report results to physicians.
||Critical Care Nurses
- Monitor patients for changes in status and indications of conditions such as sepsis or shock and institute appropriate interventions.
- Administer blood and blood products, monitoring patients for signs and symptoms related to transfusion reactions.
||Acute Care Nurses
- Administer blood and blood product transfusions or intravenous infusions, monitoring patients for adverse reactions.
- Prescribe medications and observe patients' reactions, modifying prescriptions as needed.
||Emergency Medical Technicians and Paramedics
- Observe, record, and report to physician the patient's condition or injury, the treatment provided, and reactions to drugs or treatment.
- Communicate with dispatchers or treatment center personnel to provide information about situation, to arrange reception of victims, or to receive instructions for further treatment.
See more related occupations >>