Related occupations for task:
Place telephone calls or arrange conference calls as instructed.
- Observe signal lights on switchboards, and dial or press buttons to make connections.
- Operate telephone switchboards and systems to advance and complete connections, including those for local, long distance, pay telephone, mobile, person-to-person, and emergency calls.
- Monitor automated systems for placing collect calls and intervene for a callers needing assistance.
- Interrupt busy lines if an emergency warrants.
- Operate paging systems or other systems of bells or buzzers to notify recipients of incoming calls.
||Police, Fire, and Ambulance Dispatchers
- Scan status charts and computer screens, and contact emergency response field units to determine emergency units available for dispatch.
- Monitor various radio frequencies such as those used by public works departments, school security, and civil defense to keep apprised of developing situations.
||Dispatchers, Except Police, Fire, and Ambulance
- Oversee all communications within specifically assigned territories.
- Operate ship-to-shore radios to exchange information needed for ship operations.
||Hotel, Motel, and Resort Desk Clerks
- Transmit and receive messages, using telephones or telephone switchboards.
See all 10 related occupations >>