Related Occupations for Task
47-2031.02 - Rough Carpenters
Related occupations for task:
Install rough door and window frames, subflooring, fixtures, or temporary supports in structures undergoing construction or repair.
- Fasten glass panes into wood sashes or frames with clips, points, or moldings, adding weather seals or putty around pane edges to seal joints.
- Set glass doors into frames and bolt metal hinges, handles, locks, or other hardware to attach doors to frames and walls.
- Cut, assemble, fit, or attach metal-framed glass enclosures for showers, bathtubs, display cases, skylights, solariums, or other structures.
- Secure mirrors in position, using mastic cement, putty, bolts, or screws.
- Cut and attach mounting strips, metal or wood moldings, rubber gaskets, or metal clips to surfaces in preparation for mirror installation.
||Drywall and Ceiling Tile Installers
- Fit and fasten wallboard or drywall into position on wood or metal frameworks, using glue, nails, or screws.
- Hang drywall panels on metal frameworks of walls and ceilings in offices, schools, or other large buildings, using lifts or hoists to adjust panel heights when necessary.
- Suspend angle iron grids or channel irons from ceilings, using wire.
||Roof Bolters, Mining
- Force bolts into holes, using hydraulic mechanisms of self-propelled bolting machines.
- Perform ventilation tasks, such as hanging ventilation curtains and tubes.
- Rotate chucks to turn bolts and open expansion heads against rock formations.
||Weatherization Installers and Technicians
- Make minor repairs using basic hand or power tools and materials, such as glass, lumber, and drywall.
- Install storm windows or storm doors and verify proper fit.
- Install skylights on roofs to increase natural light inside structures or to reduce energy costs.
See all 13 related occupations >>