Related occupations for task:
Operate oil distributors, loaders, chip spreaders, dump trucks, and snow plows.
||Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators
- Start engines, move throttles, switches, or levers, or depress pedals to operate machines, such as bulldozers, trench excavators, road graders, or backhoes.
- Drive and maneuver equipment equipped with blades in successive passes over working areas to remove topsoil, vegetation, or rocks or to distribute and level earth or terrain.
- Operate tractors or bulldozers to perform such tasks as clearing land, mixing sludge, trimming backfills, or building roadways or parking lots.
- Operate loaders to pull out stumps, rip asphalt or concrete, rough-grade properties, bury refuse, or perform general cleanup.
- Operate road watering, oiling, or rolling equipment, or street sealing equipment, such as chip spreaders.
||Highway Maintenance Workers
- Drive heavy equipment and vehicles with adjustable attachments to sweep debris from paved surfaces, mow grass and weeds, remove snow and ice, and spread salt and sand.
- Apply oil to road surfaces, using sprayers.
||Loading and Moving Machine Operators, Underground Mining
- Open and close bottom doors of cars to dump contents.
- Operate mechanized equipment, such as pickup trucks, rollers, tandem dump trucks, front-end loaders, or backhoes.