Related occupations for task:
Observe distribution of paving material to adjust machine settings or material flow, and indicate low spots for workers to add material.
||First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades and Extraction Workers
- Inspect work progress, equipment, or construction sites to verify safety or to ensure that specifications are met.
- Supervise, coordinate, or schedule the activities of construction or extractive workers.
- Assign work to employees, based on material or worker requirements of specific jobs.
- Analyze worker or production problems and recommend solutions, such as improving production methods or implementing motivational plans.
- Suggest or initiate personnel actions, such as promotions, transfers, or hires.
||Construction and Building Inspectors
- Monitor installation of plumbing, wiring, equipment, or appliances to ensure that installation is performed properly and is in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Inspect and monitor construction sites to ensure adherence to safety standards, building codes, or specifications.
- Train, direct, or supervise other construction inspectors.
- Monitor construction activities to ensure that environmental regulations are not violated.
||Solar Energy Installation Managers
- Supervise solar installers, technicians, and subcontractors for solar installation projects to ensure compliance with safety standards.
- Monitor work of contractors and subcontractors to ensure projects conform to plans, specifications, schedules, or budgets.
||Cement Masons and Concrete Finishers
- Monitor how the wind, heat, or cold affect the curing of the concrete throughout the entire process.
- Direct the casting of the concrete and supervise laborers who use shovels or special tools to spread it.
||Operating Engineers and Other Construction Equipment Operators
- Monitor operations to ensure that health and safety standards are met.
- Check fuel supplies at sites to ensure adequate availability.
See all 17 related occupations >>