Related Occupations for Task
51-3092.00 - Food Batchmakers
Related occupations for task:
Examine, feel, and taste product samples during production to evaluate quality, color, texture, flavor, and bouquet, and document the results.
- Check products for quality and identify damaged or expired goods.
- Observe color of products being baked and adjust oven temperatures, humidity, or conveyor speeds accordingly.
- Check the quality of raw materials to ensure that standards and specifications are met.
||Food and Tobacco Roasting, Baking, and Drying Machine Operators and Tenders
- Observe, feel, taste, or otherwise examine products during and after processing to ensure conformance to standards.
- Test products for moisture content, using moisture meters.
||Butchers and Meat Cutters
- Receive, inspect, and store meat upon delivery to ensure meat quality.
||Meat, Poultry, and Fish Cutters and Trimmers
- Inspect meat products for defects, bruises or blemishes and remove them along with any excess fat.
||Food Cooking Machine Operators and Tenders
- Collect and examine product samples during production to test them for quality, color, content, consistency, viscosity, acidity, or specific gravity.