Related occupations for task:
Tend auxiliary equipment, such as jacks, slings, cables, or stop blocks, to facilitate moving items or materials for further processing.
||Laborers and Freight, Stock, and Material Movers, Hand
- Attach slings, hooks, or other devices to lift cargo and guide loads.
- Adjust controls to guide, position, or move equipment, such as cranes, booms, or cameras.
- Guide loads being lifted to prevent swinging.
- Control movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or confined spaces, using chainfalls, gin poles, gallows frames, and other equipment.
- Manipulate rigging lines, hoists, and pulling gear to move or support materials, such as heavy equipment, ships, or theatrical sets.
||Derrick Operators, Oil and Gas
- Clamp holding fixtures on ends of hoisting cables.
- String cables through pulleys and blocks.
- Recover objects by placing rigging around sunken objects, hooking rigging to crane lines, and operating winches, derricks, or cranes to raise objects.
- Salvage wrecked ships or their cargo, using pneumatic power velocity and hydraulic tools and explosive charges, when necessary.
||Service Unit Operators, Oil and Gas
- Operate controls that raise derricks or level rigs.
- Thread cables through derrick pulleys, using hand tools.
See more related occupations >>