Related occupations for task:
Turn valves or handles on equipment to regulate pressure or flow of water, air, steam, or abrasives from sprayer nozzles.
||Gas Compressor and Gas Pumping Station Operators
- Respond to problems by adjusting control room equipment or instructing other personnel to adjust equipment at problem locations or in other control areas.
- Adjust valves and equipment to obtain specified performance.
- Move controls and turn valves to start compressor engines, pumps, and auxiliary equipment.
- Operate power-driven pumps that transfer liquids, semi-liquids, gases, or powdered materials.
- Turn knobs or switches to regulate pressures.
- Start compressor engines and divert oil from storage tanks into compressor units and auxiliary equipment to recover natural gas from oil.
- Operate engines and pumps to shut off wells according to production schedules, and to switch flow of oil into storage tanks.
- Open valves to return compressed gas to bottoms of specified wells to repressurize them and force oil to surface.
- Control pumping and blending equipment to acidize, cement, or fracture gas or oil wells and permeable rock formations.
- Pump water to clear machinery pipelines.
- Direct or assist workers placing shore anchors and cables, laying additional pipes from dredges to shore, and pumping water from pontoons.
||Pump Operators, Except Wellhead Pumpers
- Turn valves and start pumps to start or regulate flows of substances such as gases, liquids, slurries, or powdered materials.
- Pump two or more materials into one tank to blend mixtures.
||Automotive and Watercraft Service Attendants
- Activate fuel pumps and fill fuel tanks of vehicles with gasoline or diesel fuel to specified levels.
See all 10 related occupations >>