Related occupations for task:
Observe hand signals, grade stakes, or other markings when operating machines.
||Railroad Brake, Signal, and Switch Operators
- Signal locomotive engineers to start or stop trains when coupling or uncoupling cars, using hand signals, lanterns, or radio communication.
- Observe signals from other crew members so that work activities can be coordinated.
- Set flares, flags, lanterns, or torpedoes in front and at rear of trains during emergency stops to warn oncoming trains.
- Watch for and relay traffic signals to start and stop cars during shunting.
||Ship and Boat Captains
- Signal passing vessels, using whistles, flashing lights, flags, or radios.
- Tow and maneuver barges or signal tugboats to tow barges to destinations.
- Signal other workers to set brakes and to throw track switches when switching cars from trains to way stations.
||Crane and Tower Operators
- Direct truck drivers backing vehicles into loading bays and cover, uncover, or secure loads for delivery.
||Transportation Attendants, Except Flight Attendants
- Signal transportation operators to stop or to proceed.
See all 11 related occupations >>