Related occupations for task:
Measure, weigh, or verify levels of rock, gravel, or other excavated material to prevent equipment overloads.
||Tank Car, Truck, and Ship Loaders
- Verify tank car, barge, or truck load numbers to ensure car placement accuracy based on written or verbal instructions.
- Perform general warehouse activities, such as opening containers and crates, filling warehouse orders, assisting in taking inventory, and weighing and checking materials.
||Crane and Tower Operators
- Determine load weights and check them against lifting capacities to prevent overload.
- Weigh bundles, using floor scales, and record weights for company records.
||First-Line Supervisors of Transportation and Material-Moving Machine and Vehicle Operators
- Maintain or verify records of time, materials, expenditures, or crew activities.
- Examine, measure, or weigh cargo or materials to determine specific handling requirements.
||Conveyor Operators and Tenders
- Weigh or measure materials and products, using scales or other measuring instruments, or read scales on conveyors that continually weigh products, to verify specified tonnages and prevent overloads.
- Measure dimensions of bundles, using rulers, and cut battens to required sizes, using power saws.
||Freight and Cargo Inspectors
- Measure heights and widths of loads to ensure they will pass over bridges or through tunnels on scheduled routes.
See all 16 related occupations >>